Monday 14 May 2018

New Technique Old Stash

When I saw the challenge at CAS Mix up, bells began to ring as I seemed to think I may have had some Gelatos. I rummaged to find a set, bought a long time ago and hardly touched. After spending a little time on You Tube trying to find out what to do with them, this is the card I came up with (after several abortive efforts.).
I chose to use a colour block technique and overstamped a section of the card with some Stampin' Up stamps which I've had for probably longer than I've had the Gelatos. A Sizzix die cut leaf (also rubbed with gold Gelato) and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted completed the card. I did use a little black Gelato around the edge of the rectangle, pulling the colour in with my finger. I fixed the panel with a squirt or two of hairspray.

9 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the technique of this amazing card. The stamping over the wonderful background looks fabulous. Such an eye catching and beautiful card. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Mix Up challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mix of colors and stampings on your earthy panel Chrissie! So glad you got out your Gelatos and shared this lovely creation with us at CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty panel, Chrissie! Love those rich colors and how the black edging grounds it all! Gelatos worked well to color the elegant leaf! Thanks for pulling out your Gelatos and sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few things like that in my stash:) You"ve achieved amazing results - it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you use for the black lines on the card? A stamp or freehand? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mix of colours with your gelatos, Chrissie. Looks amazing with the collage of stamping over top and your gold leaf embellishment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a stamp from Stampin’ Up. Retired now I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Chrissie...I LOVE your gelatos colors for the background of your stamped images and the gold gelatos on your die cut leaf. Loved how you added the black gelatos on the outer edge to pull all your images together. Beautiful example of a CAS mixed media design. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply love this card Chrissie, everything about it, colour, style, all the elements work together beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie