Friday 2 December 2016

Masking using stencils

The challenge at HLS CAS challenge this time is to use a favourite technique.

At the HLS Craft retreat this year, Darnell developed a super technique of using Brushos and a stencil!
She taped down a stencil, sprinkled Brusho powders over it, then spritzed with water, blotting the ink with a paper towel fairly quickly after wetting.
Here I used a Craft Workshop stencil and the finished effect was over-stamped with an HLS butterfly, then die cut with the matching die. The sentiment is from the same set and the branch was die cut with  a die from Impression obsessions.

The die set  has an additional tiny leaf motif too and so I added a few to the branch, not sure which I prefer.
Here is the original paper which I stencilled and gave the Brusho treatment to... there's still lots left for other projects!





Pick your favourite technique or product you used from the past eleven CAS Challenges.  Please share why it's your favourite or any tips you learnt while doing it.

Below is a list of our previous challenges.



4 comments:

  1. That technique looks fantastic, Chrissie. I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stah-unning, Chrissie! Each one is simply magnificent! Thank you for the shoutout and for really rocking the technique to the moon with these designs!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a brilliant technique. Didn't we have fun playing that weekend! I love this design, Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally catching up on my commenting!
    This is such a great effect for that butterfly, must try this again with some different stencils. I love both but I think the first one lets the butterfly pop out more xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie