Saturday 22 October 2016

Vellum or acetate

The challenge at Less is More this week is to use Vellum or Acetate.
Vellum is a really versatile medium and here I used it in a slightly different way from anything I have done before. 
I began by embossing a small sheet with a stencil and then dropped a variety of autumnal shades of alcohol ink and a little blending solution before allowing it to dry. I then cut some leaves from this and arranged them into a wreath shape and adding a layered die-cut sentiment from Stamplorations.
I attached them by spraying the reverse of the shapes with Spray and Stick, but I'm not too sure if they will remain secure... time will tell!
Die cut leaves are from Impression Obsession.

This one uses a little acetate to create the transparent part of this shaker card.
The die cuts are from Papertrey Ink and Cuttlebug.
Since photographing this I have moved the @ sign down a little... it irritated me that it wasn't quite in the right place... in fact I've also moved the Kim to the right and the 4 closer to the zero... maybe I should take another pic!
Here is another which I just made today at the request of a friend. 
It's for the daughter of a friend of hers who has just been awarded the OBE.
I began by printing an image of the medal on my laser printer and then foiling it in gold. So as to make the effect a little more subtle, I used a layer of vellum over this, to which I attached the sentiment. I used three different fonts for the die cuts and accentuated the OBE by using a larger set of dies and cutting them from gold card.
The dies used were from Memory Box (congrats and Mel) Avery Elle (celebrate) and Craft essentials Creative dies (OBE) The stars were a freebie from a magazine.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Chrissie, those leaves look amazing! What a great technique and they look so realistic too. And who doesn't love a glass of something sparkly?! A wonderful personalised card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vellum leaves! What a fab way of creating them, and such a stylish design. Fingers crossed that the Spray and Stick continues to perform! The champagne glass is a brilliant use of acetate and the card feel so personal and fun. Love it <3 Have a super weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vellum leaves capture the textures and rich colours of autumn perfectly, Chrissie - fingers crossed on the spray and stick :) I love the champagne card too - very celebratory and a lovely personal touch. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh definitely thinking outside the box with your leaf card - great inspiration! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stained vellum, gorgeous card :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like seeing something on the big screen to see that changes may need to be made. Even so your personalized shaker card is great, Chrissie, as are those vellum leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you've definitely been busy here Chrissie and each one so different and using the vellum / acetate in brilliant ways. I LOVE those leaves and your super clever technique with them - they are so realistic you could have almost picked them off the tree. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three of these are fabulous! Loving those gorgeous vellum leaves and your shaker glass is fabulous! The OBE card is very clever, a perfect congratulations card for such a big event. You have been so busy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, WOW, WOW ! What a array of gorgeous cards Chrissie ! How do you make that, week after week ?! Your cards are absolutely breathtaking and so CAS ! I really love the first one with the autumn leaves, this technique is wonderful, the leaves seem so real ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on keeping your vellum flat it always curls for me if I get it wet in anyway. Fabulous result those leaves are glorious. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the vellum leaves are stunning. Beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful works of art, Chrissie! You are so, so clever with the OBE design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three great cards, Chrissie...but I do believe that first card with the beautiful leaves is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three great cards, Chrissie...but I do believe that first card with the beautiful leaves is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great use of the acetate on the first card the result is stunning and if the leaves do start to fall you can always say well it is autumn and they are supposed to. The second two super crisp and classy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Chrissie, I love the fall leaves, so pretty and the fab @ 40 perfect! and WOW!! congratulations to your friends daughter an OBE!! how brilliant is that! Her parents must be so proud :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards Chrissie but I just to stop by and say how gorgeous those autumn leaves are... love the texture and blended colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous wreath, Chrissie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 3 fabulous cards. The leaves are beautiful, love the shaker card and the OBE card is very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie