Saturday 1 October 2016

Turquoise and Lilac

It's time for another colour challenge at Less is More and this week it's the turn of turquoise and lilac!

I used these shades for Darnell's patented method of adding Brushos through a stencil, developed at the HLS retreat in Swindon earlier this year.
This stencil, from The Crafter's Workshop was purchased after I borrowed one from Kathy during that weekend, I think it's terrific. I love the tiny random circles.
The stencil was taped down over the absorbent card... (watercolour paper works best) then sprinkled with Brusho powder and spritzed with water, mopping up any excess with a paper towel. I used violet, white and turquoise. The flower die is from SSS the Love word from Wplus9 and the foliage from Memory Box... or it might be Poppy Stamps.
Apologies... the flower die is  Flower stack from Poppy Stamps!
Although this is not autumn colours it is for the Leaves challenge at Just us Girls !

To get the lilac in this one I blended some pink with blue distress inks using sponge daubers. It's a simple card made with the emboss resist method, stamping with Versamark and embossing with clear EP before adding the inks!
The sentiment was computer generated and the edge punch is from Martha Stewart.
 Additional tiny die cut butterflies are from All Occasion Dies.

12 comments:

  1. Those brushos really add a wonderful vibrancy to cards, don't they Chrissie?I was swooning over your first make with the fantastic white accents and then you come up with that glorious second card. It's a stunning example of the resist technique. Bravo!
    Hope you have a fantastic week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous. I love the intense colour of the Brushos in the first one, and those flowers really pop against it! The emboss resist and soft inking of the second card are so pretty, and the lilac ribbon adds a perfect finishing touch. Super cards! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful uses of this week's colour combo, Chrissie! I love the brushos background - so vibrant and the inky panel on your second card is so pretty. Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Chrissie! I must try Darnell's technique myself as it gives a great effect, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both sensational, Chrissie, but I went up close on that first one and studied the heck out of it! The design is utterly awesome and I'm so going to use it for my own backgrounds. I'm going back to stare at it some more and, of course, pinning it! (Thank you for the shoutout!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I'm just now experimenting with this technique...your creations are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Chrissie and showcasing your brusho talents to perfection. They create the most awesome colour combinations don't they and thrilled you managed lilac and turquoise as they can be so unpredictable! Stunning colour blending and emboss resist on the second one too. Love them both. Have a good week and hopefully a little more restful. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to try the technique with the Brushos. Your background is beautiful! Love the white flowers and leaves. Your lilac card is beautiful too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ! Beautiful cards ! I especially love your Brusho card ! It's so amazing ! Definitely those Brushos give a stunning effect ! And your colors are so beautiful, so bright ! And of course the layout makes the card so outstanding ! I adore ! Thanks for sharing !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these, Chrissie. Although the Brushos are so vibrant the whole card has a really delicate feel due to the lovely white die cuts. And what a lovely blend on your second card too, just gorgeous with the emboss resist xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chrissie, I love this card. I will have to try the brushos technique. I have been trying to find the flower die on SSS but can't. Can you tell us the name of the die? Thanks for all your cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many apologies, I have now amended this post as I searched through to find the die manufacturer and discovered that it's Poppy Stamps and not SSS!
      Sorry!

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie