Saturday 4 June 2016

A little purple


At Less is More this month we have a couple of fabulous sponsors... Dies to Die for and Stamplorations!
Shery at Stamplorations has been really generous in providing the DT with some yummy Stamplorations products. I have belonged to the Bi-monthly club for quite some time and so have accumulated quite a few stamps and stencils. Here I used a fab heart stencil, which I combined with embossing paste and and some Glamour Dust.
The purple card was made by smooshing some Distess Inks with Inka Gold Paste, which when dry I die cut with the butterfly from Memory Box and the sentiment from Craft Essentials Creative Dies.  The ivy die is a Signature Die from Joanna Sheen.

For this I used the faux bleach technique. I covered some card with distress inks using sponger daubers. Then I stamped with some Stamplorations stamps using just water, which reacts with the inks and removes some of the colour! The joy of this technique is that if you're not happy with the result, you can re-ink the card and then re-stamp with water.The butterfly is from Memory Box and the sentiment from Die'sire. I altered a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle to fit the tab shape.

This week I have been on a tour with my choir in Derbyshire and Nottingham singing in churches in both venues.

18 comments:

  1. I love the range of techniques you've used to get such gorgeous results. Both cards are so impactful and really eye catching. The butterfly underlay and sentiment with the DIs and Inka Gold look superb, and the faux bleach stamping is stunning. Thanks so much for the inspiration! By the way, the link here from LIM is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Chrissie, love the delicate embossed tones of the first but I'm a sucker for those deep colours so the second one would be my fav! Love the ghostly butterfly image in your inky blending. So exotic and dreamy. Hope you have a relaxing week after all the touring. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glittery embossing paste on your first card, Chrissie and the rich purple on your second card is really dramatic and looks fantastic against the crisp white! Wonderful inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the embossing paste on the first. It adds so much beautiful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! The white on white work on the first card is so pretty and perfectly complements the pop of purple Chrissie. How do you manage to get so many different techniques into your cards week after week? Amazing. I must say that the sumptuous purple o. The second card is a real winner for me. Have a wonderful week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and delicate. Love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both wonderful cards Christie. Love how yr first smooshed butterfly complements the shimmer of the embossing paste & love the ghosting technique with yr second card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both wonderful cards Christie. Love how yr first smooshed butterfly complements the shimmer of the embossing paste & love the ghosting technique with yr second card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both very elegant, great techniques,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shimmer on that embossing, but I LOVE the deep shades on your second card.
    Looks like you've had a ball with choir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, I particularly like the second. The purple window is sumptous. I keep meaning to try stamping with water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two striking cards, just beautiful. I especially love the rich colour on the second card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ...love your card. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful butterflies, Chrissie! Love the stenciled background with the first one and that gorgeous, rich purple with the water stamping on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly gorgeous, Chrissie. I adore that shimmery paste on your first card, looks wonderful with the delicate die cuts. And wowzers, the deep purple on your second card is stunning, what a beautiful tone....LOVE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous, love them both Chrissie ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous cards, I love the faux bleaching technique you used, so simple, and so effective! something else for me to try, Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie