Saturday 9 January 2016

The sky's the limit

I haven't entered a Simplicity one layer challenge for quite some time and so today I took the plunge and made a card for the current challenge. which has the theme 'the sky's the limit'. For some reason these cute bears from Mama Elephant came into my mind with the sentiment 'I love you to the moon and back', which I made on the computer. The images are simply coloured with watercolour pencils and and gently twinkled with Glamour Dust!
This one follows the sketch from Freshly made Sketches and has the theme of Glitter from AAA Cards
I cut the 'thanks' word from  Cuttlebug's Olivia Alpha set of dies, covering both sides of the card with double sided tape. After cutting, I removed the top layer of DST and dunked the word into a bag of chocolate coloured glitter. I cut out the word twice more in plain card and layered them together. I did a similar process with the sprig of leaves whose origin I sadly can't recall. The card is also a deep chocolate brown, although it appears to be almost black in this picture.
I used the same MFT stitched tag die for both sides of the panel, shortening it on one side and lengthening it on the other in order to fit the width of the card and with appropriate proportions for the sketch!
For Just Us Girls' Trend week, I have the little metal fastener joining the two panels.

10 comments:

  1. I love the sparkle you added to the bears and their expressions are too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards! Those bears are just too cute. Love the sketch you used for our challenge, metal/metallic. I really like how you fastened the 2 strips together with the brad and fastener. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous chocolately thanks card - the colour is the only way I'm getting my chocolate fix at the moment! So pleased you linked up with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, love the bears and love your take on the sketch challenge, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shimmer on those cute bears. Such a super simple Thank You card with that little touch of metal. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards! Cute bears and your b/w card is classic! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great card! I love the elegance of the brown and white! Those tags are fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards! Love the bears and the brad little closer on the second card! Great job with the sketch too! Glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls for Trend Week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The twinkle of moon light is the perfect finishing touch to your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie