Friday 6 February 2015

Stencilling

There 's a new challenge beginning today over on Craft Stamper Magazine's blog, Take it Make It.
This time the focus is on stencilling.
Here is my DT card for this challenge!
I drew a chevron pattern in the Silhouette program for my Portrait cutting machine and cut it from acetate. I laid this on the card and masked it with some Post It notes from which I had cut a circle. This was then inked with a few of shades of Distress ink. Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed.
Having removed the stencil and the mask, I dried the ink and I then stamped and gold embossed some splats from SU Gorgeous Grunge set together with the leaf spray from SU Kinda Eclectic. The sentiment is from SU Lotus Blossom and the die cut butterfly and leaf from Memory box. 
The front panel was cut with the largest Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle, extended slightly to fit the British card dimensions.
You can see how I extend the die-cuts here.
I'm off to the theatre in Chichester tonight to see the King's Speech and I'm really looking forward to it.
On Sunday I will be visiting the Sincerely Yours Craft Show in Portsmouth.. it would be good to see any of you there if you are in the area.

6 comments:

  1. Love all the elements on your card, Chrissie, especially that wonderfully inked background and gold splatters. You may want to consider entering this at Happy Little Stampers sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card -- I like the partial embossing. Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Chrissie - love the matt background with the embossing over it; lovely finish. Have a good time on Sunday, I'm sure you'll have a good chat with Val!!! lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Chrissie! ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...... and beautiful it is too !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glimmer and shine on your card is so lovely. Gold and white is very elegant and the layout is beautiful too.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie