Saturday 21 February 2015

Chevrons

I drew the chevron pattern for this stencil in the drawing program of my Silhouette software and then cut it from acetate on my Portrait. I have found it really useful!
Here I daubed Rusty Hinge, and Wild Honey with a little Scattered Straw Inks through it before cutting the panel with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle, lengthening it slightly to suit my card base dimensions.
The die cuts are from All Occasion Dies (butterflies) and Simon Says Stamp (floral spray). The sentiment stamped in SU Pacific Point Ink is from Clearly Besotted.
It's for the challenges from Colours and Sketches
and CAS on Sunday challenge, Chevrons.
My son's dog Minnie was 'done' this week. Instead of the old Elizabethan collar, she is wearing a little suit to stop her from biting her stitches!
It looks kinda cool! Happy to say she is feeling fine!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Came across to comment on your LIM cards and this beauty stopped me in my tracks Chrissie ... love the colour combo and how you've used it. That silhouette machine sounds pretty clever. Poor little pooch - ours had to wear a baby gro back to front to stop him 'fiddling' when he was done!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the boldness of the stenciling with the softness of the foliage and the pop of colour with the butterflies - all working so beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally amazing, Chrissie! I've never tried making stencils with my Silhouette--you are an inspiration! LOVE the beautiful colors you used here! Lovely card! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blown away by the beauty of this card! And equally impressed by how you created it. Thanks so much for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning! And that little dog is adorable in her suit, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty - I love the combo of blue and orange! I had never thought of making stencils on a Silhouette - such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, the flowers and butterflies are very pretty.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless her - but much cuter than a helmet thingymajig!!

    Love your card and the layout is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, love your chevron stencil you made!
    Hugs to Minnie, she looks so sweet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many beautiful cards and inspiration out here in blogland, but this is just one of those exceptional cards Chrissie. It is STUNNING. Pinned.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your card is amazing, Chrissie! I love the white die cut over the stenciled background. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous work with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, what a sweet and pretty card Chrissie! I love how you've used and softened the colours from our challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at CC&S. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really stunning love, love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie, congrats on your challenge win over at CC&S! Your card popped up in my Blogger Dashboard and I just had to come over for a closer look. It's simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie