Saturday 4 October 2014

Autumn's Bounty

What a poetic title for a colour challenge... but I'm sure everyone knows what is meant by that!
I love autumn shades and here are the cards I made for the autumn colours challenge at "Less is More" this week!

I used this image yesterday when preparing  service sheets for a Harvest Festival service for a priest friend, for this coming weekend. It accompanied the hymn "Praise and Thanksgiving" which has a line in it which reads "Fruits of the orchard". I thought it was quite appropriate. It wasn't coloured on the service sheets however. Here I used Mirage Pens and a little Glossy Accents.
The embossing folder is one I bought today from Cuttlebug and the sentiment is from Tattered Lace. I think it's a Dienamics tag which I shortened slightly.
For this I coloured a piece of card with distress Inks using sponge daubers and then die-cut the leaves using a Cheery Lynn set of dies. The background is simply a splodge of inks using a watercolour brush. I can't remember the make of the sentiment... I'm thinking Simon Says Stamp but can't be sure.
This is also for Retro Sketch #135 and I'm using Sketch #132 
I cut these little trees from the scraps from the previous card's left overs. The harvest moon was masked and the sky inked with Stormy Sky distress ink. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.



28 comments:

  1. Totally adore that autumnal scene with one of my all time favourite dies, as ever a fab bunch of art
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all stunning Chrissie... Can't choose between them. I think I do like the autumnal colours afterall just picking sentiments isn't always easy. Have a fun week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful cards, but the middle one is my favourite - CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous autumnal inspiration, Chrissie! Love the die cut leaves and the way you have coloured the die cut in the third card to create the scene - so creative. You could link the first card up at Time Out's current challenge of stamping with an optional twist of apples - it looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chrissie, I love the inspiration you have for us this week! So beautiful... each one in a different way!
    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your cards, the colours are so autumnal. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning trio of designs. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific autumn cards, Chrissie.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. all the cards are fantastic, but i really really love the cut leafs. its one of the my favorites you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards! I love how you took the leftover colored paper from the leaves and made that wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally stunning cards, I thought the one on the LIM blog was fabulous, such rich colours but the third card is just gorgeous.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my fav is the montage of leaves, love the way they tumble on the card.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three gorgeous cards Chrissie ... all with the beautiful colours of fall. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love your different designs this week Chrissie and the vibrant autumn colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The leaves are so wonderful...colorful, crisp, and definitely autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your little pile of colourful leaves, so beautifully designed ! Great card !

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three cards are super Chhrissie! Love the third one. You've created such a peaceful country scene....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Chrissie! Love your rich autumn colours. I especially like the second card with the beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chrissie, I love your inked leaves...such beautiful colours and wondeful shapes, the big Pin Oak leaf is a particular beauty :0) In love with your simple landscape scene too... Iit reminds me of a particular style but can't put my finger on it!! :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great set! Love the embossed BG on the first, your leaves look like you just picked them up and let them fall on your card; Beautiful! And your scene is so warm-coloured! Was a pleasure to take a "peep"here again! Enjoy the week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh these three cards are fabulous Chrisssie! Autumn colours have to be my favourites I think. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab Lim cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are fabulous, my favorite is the last one :).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Three terrific cards Chrissie. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning cards, Chrissie, particularly love the third one xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely cards Chrissie - I think that the last one is my favourite - love the clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Chrissie what a fabulous selection of cards again. My favourite has to be the 2nd one with the leaves, just love all the colours ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie