Saturday 2 August 2014

Design Seeds Picture Inspiration.

We have a colour inspiration challenge at Less is More this week. There are so many wonderful images on the Design Seeds site that it makes choosing a starting point difficult.
Today is my friend Sarah's, (one of  the LIM designers), birthday so happy birthday to her!
Cheers!
For this one I coloured the back of the vellum after stamping and embossing with fine detail white embossing powder. The butterflies were simply cut out and attached to the background strip. The sentiment die is from Simon Says Stamp. The leaves are Memory Box (I think).
color sip
This is the inspiration pic.
This is a retired two step stamp from Stampin' Up. I love the casual feel of these stamps... also good for watercolouring,  but I chose to merely stamp this time!
I should be home from my travels later today so hopefully I shall manage to get around to see  a few LIM entries!
Enjoy your weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, I love the butterflies on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Chrissie. Love those butterflies so effective plus the floral image is divine. Hope you've had a wonderful holiday. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Chrissie. I love these colours, will have to play along. I hope you had a lovely holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie this card is fab !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those vellum butterflies!
    Hope you've had a fab hols, catch up soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie. Two beautiful cards ... love this color combo. The butterflies are do delicate embossed on vellum. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cards! The butterflies are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards again, hope you had a good holiday.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I particularly love those butterflies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had fun in Spain Chrissie. Love this color combo. That die cut sentiment looks sensational on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Chrisse, love the butterflies on the first one, the white embossing and blue looks fabulous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty ! ur cards always are :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Happy Birthday Chrissie, hope your holiday was wonderful :D Lovely cards, both are inspirational :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards Chrissie I love the die cut sentiment on the first one, but the delicate colouring on the flowers on the second one makes it so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie