Thursday 15 May 2014

Yet more watercolour


I'm still beavering away at watercolour techniques...some more successful than others I must admit. This one I was quite pleased with. I decided to clear emboss a Versamark image of this Clearly Besotted stamp. I then proceeded to use 3 shade of red Distress Inks. I began by floating in a Victorian Velvet, then added some Worn Lipstick and finally Festive Berries.
For the leaves leaves  I used Bundled Sage and Iced Spruce. I cut the top part of the flower with the matching die, before putting the paper through the Cuttlebug with a Spellbinder's Circle. I quite like how the top part of the flower is defined by the partial cut.
The sentiment is Penny Black!
This one is a Stampin' up image minus its sentiment. Not my finest water-colouring but I learned a few lessons whilst doing it. This again uses Distress Inks. The deep pink shade this time is Picked Raspberry! The greens are Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss!
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

14 comments:

  1. Great cards Chrissie, you are rocking the watercolour technique, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. two beautiful cards Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. What watercolour paper are you using, please? It's much whiter than the paper I've got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the paper piercing, and all of that white on white is so clean and fresh. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! Your coloring is so delicate and has great depth. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning Chrissie... Loving the watercoloring on both. Great colours and I now think I need more of the distress ink colors!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chrissie your card is so elegant with all that white and the colouring of your tulips is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they both look fabulous Chrissie ! I see you are smitten with watercolouring too, it's addictive isn't it lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are lovely. I think the tulips are so pretty, but it is your first card that is just stunning.

    I really must have a look at the watercolour class; I've seen so many fab cards on the net!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I quite like the simplicity of the cards. They are stunning. It goes to show that lots of bling and accessories don't necessarily make the card the overall winner. Good show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are amazing but I absolutely love that first one. You mastered that technique. I agree I have loved some of them and others not so much. Still working away on the class very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! I love all the white space on your tulip card and your watercoloring is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie