Monday 17 February 2014

Masculine


I was sitting at my desk looking at a piece of black card and somehow got the idea to make a tuxedo card.
I cut two pieces for the sides of the jacket and then wondered what I would do to make the lapels. I decided on using a square and a rectangle cut with my Nesties and so after diecutting them, I snipped off the edges to make the different sections. A square was used for the upper part of the lapels and a rectangle for the lower sections. I cut a strip for the shirt placket and added faux stitching and some shirt 'studs' to that. A bow tie from my Dienamics die and it was done.
I could add it to the "Less is More" masculine challenge this time, but as CAS on Sunday also has the same theme I will add it to that instead!

I was quite pleased with this one!

5 comments:

  1. Not surprised you were pleased with this one Chrissie - it's great. I'm doing masculine cards with our craft club in a couple of weeks so if you don't mind I'll take this one along to show them.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Couldn't get much more masculine than this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhh brillijant idea for a masculine card. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie