Friday 11 October 2013

Craft Stamper Blog

Lots of you know that I design for Craft Stamper magazine. Most of what I have published is in the CAS vein, a little unusual for a mag where inkiness is to the fore, but what you may not know is that there is also a challenge on the Craft Stamper Blog.
I have a link on my sidebar. It runs bi-monthly so you have plenty of time in which to prepare your submissions.
The theme this time is  SPLATTERS!
There is an article in the mag with various ways of achieving this effect but any type you can come up with will be great. The only stipulation is that there must be some form of stamping on your card!
This is my sample card for this particular challenge!

I began by cutting out the leaf using my Portrait machine. It comes in two parts, the leaf itself and then the veins.
I inked the leaf lightly with some Distress ink in the palest shade and when completely dry stamped the splatters (from Paper Artsy) and clear embossed them. I then proceeded to have fun with my Distress Inks using sponge daubers. When I was happy with the overall shading, I stuck the veins onto the leaf and inked a little more. I then added several layers of clear embossing. I think this leaves a good finish to the edges of the shape being embossed.
The background is a piece of lightly inked, dry embossed card using a Stampin' Up folder.
The sentiment is from Alley Way Stamps.
Simple and fun!
Why don't you give this challenge a try!

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome leaf! Stunning card Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, your leaf looks amazing, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Chrissie! The leaf looks like enamel it's beautiful.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and stunning leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Chrissie that leaf is just fabulous, great card too btw. lol....the leaf had me mesmerized though :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most beautiful leaf i've ever seen!! (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Stunning -the leaf is so beautiful!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous, I love that leaf it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a superb card just love that leaf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, the leaf is striking and very eye-catching! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie