Saturday 14 September 2013

One layer time again!

I must apologise for my lack of appearances in Blogland over the past couple of weeks, but I have been enjoying a fabulous cruise on the Queen Victoria to the Baltic. We had a wonderful time and I'm afraid the internet didn't loom largely in our itinerary!
Here we are doing a spot of sightseeing in St Petersburg. We were delighted not to have our visit curtailed because it coincided with the G20 talks which were taking place that day!
I shaped the sentiment for this Get Well Card (which is the challenge at Less is More this week) by using the Framelit used to emboss the arch, as a template! So once arranged onto the acrylic block  it fits the embossed shape perfectly!
I don't recall the make of stamps sadly!
This simple One Layer card is made with a two step stamp set from Stampin' Up.

I keep this ready stamped acetate sheet (to use with my stamp positioner), in the box with the stamps so that each time I want to use the set, I don't have to start from scratch stamping the secondary stamps on acetate.
I used Stazon for permanence on this sheet!
I do this with various wood mounted sets, I find it saves a lot of time. I use the acetate packaging from dies etc., cut into rectangles for this purpose.  My stamp positioner is actually several Duplo blocks (donated by my grandkids) made into a right angle corner!
Enjoy your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Fab cards Chrissie , your cruise sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home safe again!
    Thanks for the inspiration Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fab cards Chrissie and your cruise sounds amazing:) hope to see you soon, let me know if you are coming up to Ally Pally.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you had a wonderful break. Loving your CAS designs.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Chrissie glad you enjoyed your break xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards -- your trip sounds very enjoyable~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie - sounds like your trip was wonderful.

    Love the get well cards - particularly the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie, I love how you shaped your sentiment in the first card, clever use of the die, and the second is just gorgeous! We were in St Petersburg the week before you, also did a Baltic cruise visiting several places that you saw and some others,. Now I just need to loose a few pounds lol! Welcome home, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fab Chrissie! I love how you curved the sentiment on your first card! :)
    Glad you had a fab cruise...one day I want to cruise the Nile :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your curved sentiment on the first and the flowers on the second are so perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a good time on your cruise and that the politicians didn't get in your way!
    I love your little figure card is super fun!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie, Fab cards, I particularly like the flowers heads what a smashing stamp, so cool :D Glad you had a good holiday, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cruise sounds lovely. Great card too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're full of excellent tips this week Chrissie! Lovely cards - especially that beautiful allium one done in such gorgeous colours. Glad you enjoyed your holiday! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm not sure my comment posted, still not used to using my tablet. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trying again lol. Love your cards Chrissie, that arch really makes the 1 st one and I love the pretty flower heads on the 2nd too. Glad you enjoyed the cruise, love the pic :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Btw. the font was 'I love what you do' Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie