Saturday 7 September 2013

Colour Challenge!

We have a colour challenge at Less is More this week. 
The colours are taken from this fab photograph!
Here I used a stamp from Unity over a background of Distress ink and Perfect Pearls stamped with an acrylic block!
           The inspiration picture is this dramatic image of a young girl.
I recently purchased a Silhouette Portrait cutting machine and I have been having a bit of a play with it! For this card I was practising welding letters together. I think that I will be doing this kind of thing quite a lot as I really fancy having the versatility of being able to use any font on my computer!
I could do with finding somewhere nearby that does classes for the Silhouette... I learn better by seeing and doing rather than reading how to!
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve MCurry's pic is amazing, what a fabulous colour combo. Love your cards, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Chrissie. Hope you can find a class for your Silhouette, have you tried YouTube ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie, have you seen these demo's on Youtube -

    http://www.youtube.com/user/LONU2008?feature=watch

    - not sure what model you have

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, Beautiful cards again, the text that you cut looks great, well done with the cutting machine! Hope all is well with you, Hugs Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Chrissie :-) I love the colour combo and especially like the way you used the acrylic block ! fab idea :-)

    I joined in an online class for the silhouette and it was fab,, by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, i learned alot on there and would recommend it.
    http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/acutabove/class-info/

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your inspiration picture - its from National Geographics (I think) - I remember the story. Gorgeous cards - especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie