Sunday 13 January 2013

Embossing x 2

I've had some Distress embossing powders in a drawer for quite some time waiting for an occasion to use them. (I think they were a bargain once upon a time and I do love a bargain!)
I found a perfect use for them.
This card employs a double embossing technique.
I began by inking the inner, debossed side of  my Craft Concepts embossing folder with Versamark.
After inserting a piece of card and running it through my Cuttlebug, I sprinkled on copious amounts of Brushed Corduroy distress embossing powder and heat set it. Once cooled, I dry embossed it with the script folder. I decided to sand the surface a little and distress the edges of the square and its mount.
I had tried this technique with regular shiny embossing powder, but I prefer the matt look which distress embossing powder produced.
The two die cuts, embellished with a couple of tiny buttons are from Memory Box's Chloe stem die.
Addicted to CAS - Embossing
Allsorts - Dies or punches
Just us Girls- Dry Embossing...with a twist

21 comments:

  1. lovely card ! love the technique ! great result !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it chrissie... i've only ever tried coloured ink in a embossing folder.. but i have so many embossing powders i should try this!!1

    jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific technique, Chrissie. I will have to give it a go! I love it, love it, love it! Just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab techniques Chrissie love the finished result!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie your card is gorgeous! Love it.

    Thanks so much for joining the challenge fun at ATCAS this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful embossed card, love the background with the Chloe stem die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a terrific card and fantastic techniques, the end result is amazing and the embossing folder you have used is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie this is just beautiful. Love the embossing and the silhouette flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Chrissie! Great embossing techniques - more to add to the 'must try it' list!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely memory box die, thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab technique Chrissie - I love the effect you've created. Somehow this seems the wrong way round (as I'm so used to you commenting on my LIM entries...........) but - thanks so much for joining us at A2CAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab card for addictedtoCAS, Chrissie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! Great CAS card and that flower image is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely embossing! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has made quite a background Chrissie! I keep meaning to try the double-embossing technique... Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another super card using great techniques Chrissie, I love it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card - need to play more with my embossing powders.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very classy card Chrissie - but your cards are ALWAYS classy!!
    Love the techniques and the neutral colours - totally fabulous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, stunning card Chrissie, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a stunner, Chrissie, such texture and depth ... love the chloe stem! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie, I love this, wonderful use of colour. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to CAS. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie