Friday 9 September 2011

Beautiful butterfly

Last week, Margaret, a participant  in our Clean and Simple challenge "Less is More" submitted a card where the letters were embedded in the embossing and I thought it looked super. I've tried it here, using die-cuts from my Cuttlebug Typewriter alphabet and a Stampin' Up embossing folder.
One thing I wasn't really prepared for, was how much the card shrinks in the process using this particular folder. Having cut the strip to size I had to reduce the size of the card to accommodate the smaller dimensions of  it, once embossed.
Having looked again at Margaret's card, I realise that she didn't quite use this method... she used some letters as a mask and inked the embossing folder... but her cards gave me inspiration anyway! DO take a look at her fabulous work.
This gorgeous splash butterfly is from Indigo Blu and I love it.
I've been doing lots of experimenting with photographing mainly white cards and I haven't cracked it yet, despite trying to enhance the pics in Picasa... sorry about this one.
I 've just bought a couple of sets of Grand Nesties and as yet haven't come up with a storage solution. I keep my regular thin dies in stacked CD cases, which I find really convenient... but the Grand ones are a trifle mega.
Any suggestions?
Just Add Ink - Whisper White + one other colour

14 comments:

  1. love your butterfly too Chrissie, fab card K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really striking card - I do like the effect of the letters being embossed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie
    Fabby card ...love that Butterfly .....
    must look at Indigo Moon.....
    hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Chrissie, love that technique must have missed Margaret's card last week:) I agree with you about taking a pic of white cards, they always seem to have a colour cast on them:0
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card Chrissie
    The way you have stamped the butterfly is wonderful

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Chrissie.

    I store all my nesties and dies on an old noticeboard which I've covered in sheets of A4 magnetic paper. You can see them at a glance, keeps them flat and makes it easy to see if one is misplaced.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very eye-catching Chrissie, love that butterfly stamp. The embedded letters look great embossed too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the butterfly tag stands out against the textured strip. This embossing folder is quite detailed so it really does shrink the card stock - I tend to emboss first, then cut to size. Can't help with Grand Nestie storage but I'm very interested in storage at the moment as I need to have a complete rethink of my tiny craft space! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never thought of embossing letters in that way. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title says it all Chrissie this is a beautiful butterfly and I love it all, the embossing and image a superb creation.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card again Chrissie! I keep my larger nesties in the original packs just cut down a bit then I fasten some magnetic tape to the inside to get them out easier. :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Chrissie and love your butterfly too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really beautiful card, love the embossing and that folder I think I must have :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very stunning and beautiful picture. The design are eye catching and bold.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie