Saturday 9 October 2010

Simply metallic

I'm not really sure whether this is cheating or not!
It's my entry for the One Layer Wednesday Challenge on Susan's Simplicity Blog.
The theme this week is Heavy Metal, so although only one layer (ie a piece of card folded in two) with any stamping or embellishment added directly to the card, I don't know if this embellishment... a woven ribbon wreath, is a little OTT! It has a metallic edge and the the simple sentiment from Penny Black has been heat embossed in silver. The ribbon is actually deep green although it looks almost black in this picture.
I love weaving ribbon, I find it SO relaxing!
I've been looking after my granddaughter for a couple of days so I'm all behind with things and today I haven't had an inordinate amount of inspiration. We also got some more stuff down from the loft, most of which is heading for the dump. Why do we hang onto such a load of rubbish I wonder.
Alphabet Challenge Blog - X  Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Make your own (embellishment)

11 comments:

  1. FAB card Chrissie, so classy
    Love what you are doing with those ribbons
    must be so fiddly

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - so elegant and classy Chrissie. Hope you had a lovely time with your grand-daughter.
    Hyugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever find an answer to the question of why whe hold onto rubbish, please let me know.

    Your card, which is definitely OTT, is perfectly CAS! Check out all that white space and the clean and clear focal point! YOU ROCKED the challenge, Chrissie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, this is stunningly beautiful. Love that ribbon weaving. Now if I could figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - i love it! -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding design--your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great christmas card. Thank you for joining the Alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that wreath is amazing! Awesome work! Love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wreath is gorgeous! Could you share how you wove the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie