Tuesday 14 September 2010

Anyone for Pizza?

The sponsor this week at the Creative Card Crew is Sassy Cheryl and the crew were fortunate in having some digis to work with. I decided on a stepper card for this cute little lady spinning round the pizza dough. I thought of her the other day when my husband made pizza dough for the first time in our new breadmaker. The amount was slightly less than the recipe from our previous model and I was trying to do this, very badly, I might add, in order to stretch the dough enough to cover the base of the pan.
It's odd, I always associate pizza with autumn, I think it may have something to do with the colours. I always add pepperoni, so there's the brown, plus peppers, which are all in autumnal shades... green, yellow, orange and red. The last one I made also had a liberal sprinkling of anchovies too... mmmmm yummy!
This maybe the reason I chose this image for the challenge, which has the theme of autumn. The paper is from Cuddly Buddly and the sentiment was computer generated.
I'm off to take my husband to the hospital for an outpatient appointment this morning, I'd better get my skates on.
Our Creative Corner - Fun with Folds
Raise the Bar - Orange, Brown & Green

13 comments:

  1. Love the card Chrissie. Hope the hospital appointment goes well.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie you hav been busy lately and made some wonderful cards.
    I'm sorry we didn't manage to meet up after all while I was in the UK but hopefully we will be back for good soon, Fingers crossed, then there will be more time to get together.
    I'm still trying to get my brain back in card making mode, The heat is still awfull, (although everybody is saying it has cooled down) sitting here dripping!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie! This is so adorable! I love the papers and colors you used. That little pizza guy is great! Oh, and everytime I come here, to your blog, I've got to feed those fish..I'm hoping they're getting fat and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, these step cards are fab, not made one in ages, you have inspired me!!

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this card , the colours are great the image is fab , i just love every thing about it , sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo Chrissie I love this so much that stepper design is gorgeous so is the image and papers.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous step card Chrissie!!!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card and colours. I hope the hospital appointment went well :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Chrissie. I think I must get more adventureous and try one of these.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Stepper card. Thanks for sharing with us at Raise the Bar this weeek.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissy, I just love this stepper card. Your pizza chef is just perfect. Your details are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this stepper card Chrissie and wish that I could make one - i've not attempted as I'm not sure of the measurements, although i'm sure they will be on the net somewhere.

    Fun image too.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie