Tuesday 13 July 2010

New Computer

Good morning all!

Yesterday my laptop decided that enough was enough and that it wasn't going to start!

I tried all sorts to no avail. Finally, I took myself off to PC World and bought a new one! Quelle expense!

It's all well and good having a nice new toy, but I don't know how this new one does things, I can't find where or how to do things, it doesn't have any of my old faithful software on it so it's rather like the blind leading the blond. (That typo was a bit of a malaprop there, but it's true nevertheless.)
Most of my files are backed up on an external hard drive, but I've somehow got to find them. To say nothing of reloading the fonts etc that I have acquired over time.
Last night I even forgot that I had already uploaded a card for my DT contribution for My Time to Craft this week, and uploaded another one. Senior moments are arriving thick and fast it seems.
Anyway, do pop over and join in our Butterfly Bliss challenge this week. We'd love to see all your fab creations... and wish me luck with this computer!

10 comments:

  1. hi chrissie such a pretty card. glad you got a new laptop and are back online again. won't take you long to get the hang of it lol. Hope you are well. hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is pure class!
    I am still learning on the new laptop I bought several weeks ago. Luckily I have this one with my workhorse so I know where everything is (well I sometimes do). I have everything on an external drive to and when I bought my laptop I also bought one for that so I have everything twice :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is just perfect! So simple and clean but very stunning!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and elegant Chrissie. Good luck navigating the new pc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy, elegant and stunning (the card's nice too, lol!) I couldn't cope without my lap top. I've had this one about 2 years now and I feel as if it's on it's way :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Chrissie :-) I see you've been making lots of them as always while I've been AWOL.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie this is one very classy, elegant and beautiful card it is so serene I love it. I got my new laptop last October and it does take a while to get used to it but now it is like my old faithful lol.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beauty, straight line and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Chrissie!!! Truly classy & elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Chrissie - Butterflies are always a winner. It seems that your laptop gave up the ghost only a week after mine - only mine was helped somewhat by me having a temper with it... I'm still getting used to windows 7 - didn't think much of Vista - and like you, thankfully had everything backed up on my external hard drive, which i'd only found the lead to again after approx 7 months or so of it having gone missing (i found it in my laptop case (fancy that!!!))

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie