Thursday 22 April 2010

Colour Create

A simple card, using my new Stampin' Up set, Pocket Silhouettes. I just love them and think that I will get quite a bit of mileage from them.
The central section is mounted on Nesties and the corners are made from consecutive sized Nestie squares cut together to make a frame and then the resulting diecut is cut diagonally in half to make the corners. It is embellished with adhesive pearls and a grosgrain ribbon.
The colour of Burnt Orange, Cream and Black are the choice this time from Colour Create.
A challenge that I have only just discovered is Stamping Vacation Pick 3 and this is from the challenge for April!
I chose
1) Black Ivory + 1 other colour (burnt orange)
2) Any item that has a leaf on it (the central stamp)
3) Use any kind of die-cutting machine (I used my Cuttlebug for the Nesties)
I decided against adding a sentiment, a) because I couldn't decide where to put one, and b)because I didn't know what would be the most suitable sentiment for this type of card.

11 comments:

  1. oooh I like what you've done with these stamps Chrissie, something quite dramatic about it along with the colour I think.
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Chrissie - this is a stunning card - there nothing not to love about it - its very sophisticated.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combo on this beautiful card Chrissie. Hope you are feeling okay.

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. his is such a beautiful card, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful card.
    Your comment on my blog about my cotton reels made me chuckle... and you must have a six sense as i was at a craft show today and one of the workshops i took was french knitting a necklace, and i brought the tool so i could do it at home.. spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I like those silhoutte stamps very much! Amazing color combination!
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours Chrissie - big impact! How's your knee?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie what a wonderful simple sylish card. So many uses and even suitable for a mans card.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Chrissie gorgeous card, love your design...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous as always Chrissie! Very elegant! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love that starburst effect around the central motif Chrissie. You've used the challenge colours perfectly. Fab silhouette stamps too.
    Thanks for joining us at Colour Create.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie