Sunday 10 January 2010

Bah Humbug Challenge!


This is a new Challenge blog to ensure that the Bah Humbug syndrome is not experienced by harassed crafters by the time next Christmas arrives. If you are anything like me (the world's greatest procrastinator) it seems that December always turns up when thoughts of Christmas preparations haven't really taken hold! So with a blog like this one, next December will arrive and all your Christmas cards will be ready!
Here's the first one.
From my bag of cards ready for recycling I chose this little robin, he's so chubby I decided to make him look even rounder by mounting him with Nesties circles. The paper is from my newly tidied and colour coded scrap stash, which I embossed with Cuttlebug random dots. The snowflakes (get this) are from the scraps in the trapdoor of a Christmas corner punch!! How's that for recycling?
Another couple of blogs I've just discovered are Rainbow Lady's Challenge and Crafty Angels, whose challenges this week are also recycling! So this is for those blogs too.
I think I'll be sorting out a few more cards for redevelopment!
PS
I couldn't resist doing a few more.
This little lot is made totally from scraps and offcuts plus 1 old Christmas Card.
The DIY Nesties were made with some deckle scissors and an existing Nestie, which I used for the embossing, together with an embossing stylus.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Chrissie

    Your card is beautiful, I love the little robin.

    Thank you so much for becomming a follower and entering in our first challange at Bah! Humbug! we appreciate your support, and hope you will join us again. Good luck in the prize draw.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie - brilliant card as always. Recycling is addictive once you start you don't want to throw anything away. I too have used those tiny snowflakes - infact I've even been know to punch a corner just to get the snowflakes!!
    Thanks for joining our new challenge and I hope we'll see more of your stunning work in future weeks.
    Annxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie, I love robins and I love that you recycled it and the snowflakes too. I have a few cards that I'm going to do the same with and the new challenge is one I'll be playing in, I had the most horrendous time getting Christmas cards done for 2009, I don't want that to happen again LOL. Hope you're well and enjoying your weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! is this a stamp?... Love it... The colouring is also Beautiful. And how smart to start already now.. I say that every year..,. Ill se if I can get started soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fab Chrissie, get idea. Have a super Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that set of four is just tops, what a great way to use up old cards!
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have been a busy recycling bee and got your 2010 collection off to a flying start! Well done!
    Thank you for supporting our 1st challenge at Bah!Humbug! and I hope you will become a regular visitor.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and the robin is gorgeous. I have one in the garden just like him. Welcome and thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your recycling projects and the robin is so cute. I still have to look through my cards to recycle yet :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie