Saturday 29 August 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Give them an Inchie!


I have never attempted making any 'Inchies' before and as with the first time I tried making an ATC, I was surprised at how small the actual thing really is.
It was quite difficult to decide what I would have on my little squares and in the end had to mask a stamp in order to get small enough images. The stamp I used from Stampin Up is of the three composers plus the treble clef, so in order to make 5 Inchies which was the requirement from Daring Cardmakers, I masked the stamp each time before inking and used the treble clef part of the stamp twice.
I overstamped the background with a variety of stamps in Weathered Wood distress ink and gold pigment ink. The sentiment is from Serendipity Stamps.
I've toyed with a number of ideas to add something to the top left of the card, but discarded everything I tried, if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

4 comments:

  1. oh, I really like the way you've used your inchies here - the whole thing looks VERY stylish and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it's turned out great. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it could do with - NOTHING else! It's great - very inventive way to achieve inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inchies are tricky little devils aren’t they Chrissie, but you’ve done a grand job with yours.
    As to what to add to the other side of your card, you could always add a musical note charm tied with some ribbon but if I’m completely honest, I think it’s perfect as it is.

    Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie