Monday 22 June 2009

My friends keep me busy!


This card is the first of three that my friend asked to make yesterday. ( We had a fab barbecue by the way. I can recommend M&S cheese stuffed burgers! )
Anyway, to continue... it's for an ex-colleague of hers and I was informed that she liked music or cats. As you can see I opted for the cat.
The sketch is from The Pink Elephant, the technique is from Penny Black where embossing was requested, and 365 Cards chose the predominant colour...'Lovin' Lavender'
I have used White Wash Coredinations paper which I double embossed for the squares. The first time was de-bossed with the circles and sanded and the second time was embossed with the tiny hearts and inked. The die cuts are Cuttlebug and the image is Penny Black.
Now on to the next one!
Chrissie

19 comments:

  1. Chrissie, this is FABulous. Great job on the challenge and I know your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. love the PB stamp . great take on three challenges. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Chrissie. I was going to make mine with Pink Elephant sketch in mind but didn't as I forgot lol
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Chrissie! I think it's purple week. With purple on Pile it on......I feel all purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love how you have embossed and de-bossed the squares it looks great.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Chrissie as always.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Just perfect. She is gonna love it!!

    TFS with TPE this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Love these colours. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how balanced this card is - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a charming cat...and I love the double embossed panels, gonna have to give that a try! nicely done, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love your image and your embossing techniques. I am sure your friend will love it.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow, just a beauty of a card, she will love it, and such a great number of techniques just a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Chrissie....love the double embossing....must give that a try......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful card Chrissie! TFS it with us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet card chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, one of my favourite colours. I love this layout :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Chrissie! love the image and i love your take on my sketch....thanks for joining us each week at TPE :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is perfect! I love that sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie