Saturday 23 May 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - New Beginnings




Yesterday my son and his wife became homeowners!
He picked up the keys from the estate agents and now begins the task of getting all the necessary work done in the house before they can move in. New boiler, new kitchen, new bathroom, to say nothing of the decorating to be done and carpets to be laid.What fun! rather them than me!
Until last year it seemed as though he'd spent his entire life as a student. He in fact has 3 degrees and the thought of living in student accomodation for all that time isn't my idea of fun.
Anyway he's all grown up now (32) and living in the real world.
I wish them both every happiness in their new home.
This card is more the style that I prefer... minimalist, rather than all the flowery stuff, but I guess there's place for both.
Chrissie

11 comments:

  1. beautiful card Chrissie, I know how your son and his partner feel, we are still doing our home up after 2 years now lol, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, this is such a fab card....love it !!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie, I am in agreement with you about Minimal, I have never been brave enough to use flowers on any of my cards yet, as I am a very conservative kind of person, I like plain.. Anyway good luck to your Son and his Wife, I am sure they will have much happiness creating their own wee haven. Love Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again and excellent card Chrissie. I love the fact there is nothing to take the eyes away from the main image :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea for a new home card fantastic work on this one great layout
    luv
    linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card
    There is a little something on my blog for you Here Maz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card

    There is a little something on my blog for you Here Maz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgoeus gorgeous cards since my last visit...and thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog recently.
    I love the simplicity of your latest card, it's a fab new home card and I bet it will be so much appreciated.
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have left you an award on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie,

    I have left an award for you on my blog, hope you'll visit to collect it and play along.

    Honest Scrap AwardLove Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH Chrissie! this is one lovely card... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie