Saturday 16 August 2008

Wedding on the beach!


I was asked by a friend to make a card for a couple who are getting married on a beach somewhere. As the wedding is in October I can only assume that it will be somewhere hot!
I was given a few elements to include which were the couple's names, the date of the wedding and some reference to the beach. I was also asked to make the biggest card that I could.
This is a piece of A4 card folded in half, I'm not sure what size you call it when it's a card and not just a piece of card but I'm sure you know what I mean.
The die cuts are all Cuttlebug, using a variety of card, including pearlised.
I was quite pleased with this... what do you think?
One tip that I have picked up along the way when making die cuts, especially small fiddly bits like these, is to put double sided tape on the back of the card before putting it through the machine, so all you have to do once they're cut, is to peel off the backing and stick them in place.

13 comments:

  1. I think this card is very striking and very elegant. The textures you have incorporated into it makes it very effective. I love it! And thank you for the top tip as well-I have never heard this before and will definately give it a try!

    Love Sarita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Chrissie and I think the card is stunning, very different xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and so creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I like that you have only used white on the card, its very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's one you made some time ago but I'm really glad you entered it for the challenge as it really shows a beautiful way of personalising a card. I love the shells and the way you have added personal details.

    A really great card. Think this is an A5 card - fits C5 envelopes.

    Thanks for the tip too - will give that a try.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the shells, perfect for a beach wedding, and thats a good tip will remember that one :-)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is absolutely perfect for your friends. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful, elegant wedding card. Love all the detail on it especially the shells, perfect!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! I'm sure they will always cherish it. Thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and thanks for the super tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I wonder how you embossed the names.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Thanks for participating this week :)
    Jenn M

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie